BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017, is looking for a Strategic Partner Enablement Manager to join our team. This person will draw on their deep sales, product and ecosystem knowledge to develop and deliver training, incentives, support, and enablement programs to generate revenue and maximize the impact of our strategic partnership efforts. In addition, the Partner Enablement Manager is a key daily connection between BigCommerce and our Partner sales organizations to ensure joint selling success as well as sense of teamwork. This person will be measured against a set of success criteria, including revenue growth, process alignment and partner satisfaction.
What you'll do
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales enablement programs in conjunction with SBD Partner Managers, Product Management, SBD Marketing, and Learning & Development: for partner organizations and for BigCommerce teams.
- Be an onsite resource for partner sales organizations with responsibilities ranging from group training, individual coaching, or open office hours to help exponentially grow sales activities between the partner and BigCommerce.
- Engage with BigCommerce sales team members and partner sales team members daily to field questions, assist in sales process, and unstick issues related to strategic partner leads.
- Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Partner Manager, Marketing, Client Support, Business Development, and Operations. Translate business needs into training, incentives, support, and enablement programs such as email campaigns or changes to the partner marketing (banner pages, blogs, training, etc.)
- Measure partner sales enablement ROI by work with Partner Managers to design,implement, and provide regular and ad hoc reporting on KPIs related to impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Me
- Develop and facilitate Partner based train-the-trainer activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, sales skills, and tools training.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year, including incentives, communications and marketing.
- Develop strong relationships with Partner Sales and Client Support leaders to ensure alignment, gather information, and provide feedback.
Who you are
- 5+ years professional experience, including 3+ years technology sales, partner management, or business development experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients preferred.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Action Oriented - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Student - You have a passion for learning, open to change, and pick up new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 50% travel (~25 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events