BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for an ambitious Strategic Partner Manager to join our growing Strategic Business Development Team. In this role you will manage assigned Strategic Partner(s) on a global basis and act as the primary point of contact, providing partner team management and coordination to partner(s). There are three primary roles for this Partner Manager:
- Product - working closely with the BigCommerce Product and Product Marketing teams, ensuring that BigCommerce is offering a market leading solution to our partners. This may include focusing on onboarding, apps, turnkey functionality, pricing.
- Partner Support - work closely with the Partner to design and launch merchant acquisition programs, which may include email campaigns, in product messaging, sales incentives.
- Revenue Growth - owning Partner KPI’s around revenue share and merchant acquisition, driving SaaS revenue for the company.
What you'll do
- Manage new and existing Strategic Partners by maintaining relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels.
- Work with the Partners to develop Partner success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Act as primarily point of contact / product owner for solution and partnership.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to ensure smooth support processes for merchants.
- Lead and collaborate with the BigCommerce teams to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, support, training, pricing) with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Plan, organize, lead, and control balanced revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long term, multi-year focus.
- Assist leadership in cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
Who you are
- Partner Management - 5+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- SaaS Experience - Ideally 3+ years experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events