BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work” in Austin is seeking a Technical Project Manager with Business Analyst skills to work in with our local Business Applications team in our awesome Austin Headquarters and Downtown offices.
Are you are interested in leading cross-functional teams? Do you have experience managing the full project delivery lifecycle and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end users? If so, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Our Global PMO Team leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Flex your project management skills in scope definition and management, proactive risks and issues management.
- Own communications strategy with delivery team, cross-functional and executive leadership.
- Support Marketing, Client Success Services, Sales, Facilities, Finance, and HR.
- Facilitate stakeholder 6mo roadmaps for multiple business pillars.
- Deliver new capabilities and efficiencies to a 24x7x365 Call Center.
- Removing impediments and creating a culture for teams to be able to deliver at their best.
- Drive projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your team’s - influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions - both technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective best practices.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience as a technical project manager project leading medium to large technical projects for Business Applications (SalesForce, Marketo, Billing, etc.)
- Business analyst experience gathering requirements, managing prioritizations and dependencies and reviewing, assessing, and developing business processes.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired (e.g. PMP, Lean or Six Sigma, Scrum Master).
- Direct experience. You have experience using both waterfall and Agile methodologies for managing projects and know when to use each.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of waterfall, Agile and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Roll Up Your Sleeves. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events