BigCommerce. named a Best Place to Work in San Francisco in 2017 is seeking a Technical Sourcer to proactively identify, engage and and assess top talent to join our Product & Engineering teams. Based in our San Francisco office, this role will support a team of recruiters with the objective of increasing the candidate pipeline by activating passive candidates using practical, creative and thoughtful approaches to candidate research, engagement and experience.
- Work closely with the Recruiters and hiring managers to understand the technical requirements for our role, the business function and how they fit into the overall organization.
- Develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet our overall recruiting goals, typically in the areas of Software Engineering, Product Management, and Technical Operations.
- Identify potential candidates through the use of intricate Boolean searches, user groups, candidate referrals, networking, and other web sourcing methods.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research.
- Call, screen and qualify candidates and assist them through the recruitment process.
- Teams with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation.
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders.
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact improvements to our overall sourcing practices and processes.
- 3-5+ years technical sourcing experience for a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience researching target companies and identifying suitable candidates
- Experience sourcing for Engineering & Product talent, extra points for doing it across multiple competitive markets for talent (we have offices in San Francisco, Austin, & Sydney)
- Exceptional interviewing, communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, business partners, candidates and agencies
- Strong business acumen to be able to comprehend business needs and structure; BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent preferred.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 50,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Gibson, Paul Mitchell, and Toyota.