BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for a Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis to oversee the financial activity of the company, including all budgeting, forecasting and planning. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Finance leader in its Austin, Texas headquarters and this person will be an integral leader within the Finance organization, reporting directly to the SVP of Finance in Austin.
Success depends on your demonstrated ability to influence at levels above and below your own, leveraging your engaged and high performing team as well as other cross functional partners. The analytical, complex modeling, reporting and business planning expertise you have gained over the last 15+ years of your career, combined with at least 10 years of people management experience will enable you to provide insightful conclusions and accurate decisions as you drive accurate reporting of the company. Your exceptional ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing will be critical as you provide regular, timely and accurate financial reporting with appropriate context to leadership. You will have demonstrated the ability to work successfully and with speed in a cross functional and international environment, managing day to day details and analytics of your team and then synthesizing them into a concise executive message for leadership.
You have a very strong aptitude for learning, can quickly grasp complex concepts and data and summarize for relevant key messages, and are comfortable driving change and managing within a high-growth business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead FP&A across the organization, partnering with leadership cross-functionally to develop and implement strategic business plans and execute key operating initiatives
- Design and direct the preparation of meaningful financial analyses of both internal & external data which aid senior management decisions and support a range of operational and financial activities including; department reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, internal reporting, competitive financial analysis and Board of Directors presentations
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Create strong partnerships with senior leaders across each functional area
- Create and maintain a variety of corporate metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal operation of a high growth SaaS business
- Deliver actionable insights to the business based on financial and/or industry analysis
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures with an eye on driving higher ROI across all major investment areas.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Lead, inspire, manage and develop the Financial Planning team to ensure the department’s success
- Actively foster a culture of high standards, personal accountability, and high performance
- Direct the process for developing the annual operating budget and monthly re-forecasts
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans and modeling tools
- Work closely with the Accounting organization in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as required
- Assist in investor relations such as fundraising, preparation of board of director decks, responding to investor requests, etc.
- Play a key role in the company’s IPO readiness plan with ownership of the pre and post IPO business models
Who You Are
- 15+ years experience in financial planning and analysis with a minimum of 10 years people management experience and 5 years of Corporate FP&A experience. Software or SAAS experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
- Public company experience and experience taking a company through an IPO a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and database skills are assumed; ability to build integrated (three financial statements) models is also assumed.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Experience with Excel, ERP systems and business planning / business intelligence systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity.