Most Popular Reads
- Ecommerce Trends: 139 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
According to a Baymard Institute study, 69% of all online shopping carts are abandoned, with one in five resulting from a lack of confidence in the merchant’s ability to handle credit card and other sensitive information. That metric reflects a growing online shopping trend that must be addressed in order for online businesses to truly scale and succeed: the need to maintain consumer trust.
Today, Bigcommerce is proud to announce that we have teamed up with Paypal, one of the most consumer-trusted payment processors in the world.
Via a one-click installation in the Bigcommerce control panel, online store owners can easily improve their checkout experience and reduce abandoned carts, all thanks to the new integration — PayPal, powered by Braintree. Additional features include:
- Built-in payment processing with support for all major credit and debit cards plus PayPal Express Checkout: Built-in payment processing allows business owners to start selling immediately, greatly simplifying the process of creating merchant services accounts. Additionally, an easy setup process helps merchants to quickly accept payments via PayPal Express Checkout, proven to help increase sales, and with One Touch™ it has the potential to help increase conversions by double-digits. According to a study conducted by PayPal and Nielsen, Bigcommerce sites accepting PayPal average two times more spend per customer (1).
- Mobile-ready payments: Bigcommerce’s responsive themes and PayPal’s mobile-ready payment solutions enable merchants to capture sales across all customer devices, with no additional coding required.
- Straightforward pricing and expert support: Through PayPal’s flexible flat-rate and volume-based pricing and dedicated, 24/7 support, business owners can run their business and process payments with peace of mind.
- Automated support for new payment methods: Built on the latest payment technology from Braintree, a PayPal Company, the collaboration enables merchants to adapt to evolving payments trends, innovations and customer preferences without the need for additional integrations.
Bigcommerce merchants are the first SMB online retailers to receive access to these features, made possible through PayPal powered by Braintree, a payments service dedicated to online businesses of all sizes and mobile shopping –– which now accounts for nearly 50% of all online purchases.
For merchants, setup takes less than a minute, and allows them to focus on building their customer base and increasing sales without any concerns around security or payment issues. For consumers, this integration enables them to pay across more than 90,000 online stores in a single touch, without needing to enter user IDs or passwords after their first login. This capability reflects a growing consumer desire for convenient, secure and fast checkout experiences on any device.
The newly-released payment option will be made available to all Bigcommerce merchants in the U.S. in the coming weeks, with international rollout expected later this year.
Click here for more information on the integration.
1: PayPal commissioned Nielsen Online Buyer Insights Study, Q3 2013.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.