Most Popular Reads
- Omni-Channel Retail in 2017: What Brands Need to Know and Modern Consumer Shopping Habits
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below]
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
Did you know that Small Business Week is coming up? Unlike National Cheese Month or Hug your Pet Week, this one is all about YOU. Small business owners, unite!
To kick things off, we’re teaming up with our friends at HubSpot to bring you a Twitter Chat chock full of tips from experts and real businesses like you.
The theme is around an emerging trend — moonlighting. Moonlighting entrepreneurs work 9 to 5 day jobs, come home for dinner, then work late into the night and early in the morning on their online businesses. How do they balance work, life and more work? We’ll explore!
What: Twitter Chat — How to have a successful online business AND keep your day job
Who: Bigcommerce, HubSpot, moonlighting entrepreneurs and you!
When: Thursday, June 13 at 7pm ET
Where: Twitter, of course!
How: Follow the hashtag #BcSMBchat and make sure to use it if you tweet questions
We’ve got an incredible lineup of experts weighing in on the discussion, including:
- HubSpot inbound marketing guru Sam Mallikarjunan (@Mallikarjunan)
- Bigcommerce’s own head of distance learning, Heidi Wong (@htoby)
- Former moonlighter Annette Giacomazzi (@CastCoverz), founder and owner of CastCoverZ
- Founder and CEO of Proof Branding Matt Cheuvront (@mattchevy) took his side gig and turned it into a successful branding company.
- Marketer by day, moonlighter by night, Ryan Shell (@Thehomet) runs an awesome t-shirt business.
- New moonlighter Rachel Silski (@rlbean1987) just started her own online store on the side.
- Sean Dawes (@seandawes) runs a full-time business with his auto parts store.
- Jason Mellet (@cricstoreonline) runs a full-time business with his cricket store and understands the need for balance between ventures.
- Web designer and SEO expert Matt Borchert (@mattborchert, @Fauxrealshirt ) works for a successful t-shirt store.
- Clint McMahon (@scaredpanda) codes by day and makes custom t-shirts for his store, Scared Panda, by night.
- Tiffany Burks (@tiffzippy) is a new moonlighter. She just started a paper goods store.
- Meg Trahan (@scripti_meg), Internet Marketing Manager at web design firm ScriptiLabs (@ScriptiLabs), will provide insight from personal experience balancing a day job, an active social life and multiple online endeavors.
So join us on Twitter at 7pm on June 13 using the hashtag #BcSMBchat. Want to get your friends involved? Tweet an invite!
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.