Most Popular Reads
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
Overview: Today I discuss the 3-step process to create, launch and track your own large scale display advertising campaign.
Description: In this, episode 10 of the BigCommerce podcast, I discuss the 3-step process to create, launch and track your own large scale display advertising campaign for just a few hundred dollars using either Google AdWords or BuySellAds.
Here are the 3 steps I discuss in the podcast:
1. Banner design
- You need to come up with strategy
- Can use Google images for competitive intelligence – “[competitor] banner”
- Need a strong call to action
- Create 3 versions of your ad all with completely different calls to actions and designs
- Test static (single frame), animated GIF and rich media (flash)
- Can use CrowdSpring or a contractor from oDesk to do the actual designs
2. Campaign strategy
- Who are you trying to target? Run a survey of existing customers to find demographics, which websites they spend time at, etc
- What do you want to track? Sales? Newsletter signups? Etc
- How will you define the campaign as successful or not?
- What is your ROI goal? If you can get more than 1x ROI then you can scale up indefinitely
3. Campaign rollout
- Can get started with Google AdWords display ads or BuySellAds.com
- These will get you tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of impressions per day
- You want to setup 3 separate campaigns, one for each of the different designs
- After 2 weeks, look at the numbers and drop the word performing campaign based on your most important metric
- Now test another design for each of the 2 remaining ads – same message, different look or call to action
- After 2 weeks, pull the 2 worst performing ads
- Goal is to keep testing new designs and calls to action against the winning ad
Like this podcast? Why not subscribe on iTunes?
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.