Most Popular Reads
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below]
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
Today marked the end of National Small Business Week, a five-day celebration of the entrepreneurs and SMBs that power the American economy. We had a great time kicking off SBW 2014 at Twitter HQ on Monday. The event featured a diverse group of inspirational speakers, including Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi and a 10 year old who is changing the world with her compassionate take on lemonade stands. The Small Business Administration also hosted events in Kansas City, Boston and Washington DC, each boasting a unique lineup of successful entrepreneurs and advocates. Here are our 11 favorite quotes from week’s speakers.
Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives
Vivienne Harr, 10-year-old Founder of Make A Stand
3. “You must have an honest conversation with yourself about the vision you have for the future of your small business.”
Donna Levin, co-founder and VP of Operations at Care.com
Akhil Nigam, Founder and President of MassChallenge
5. “Mentoring makes a difference. If you don’t have one, get one.”
Ken Yancey, CEO at SCORE
6. “The sad truth is that the customer experience bar is low, and small businesses can easily rise above that without it being expensive. It just needs to be real. It’s all about bringing a smile to the face of your customer.”
Gail Goodman, CEO of Constant Contact
Jamie Walker, Founder and CEO of SweatGuru
8. “It’s not about making money, it’s about doing the right thing for your customers and enjoying what you’re doing.”
Henry Bloch, CEO of H&R Block
Eddie Kennison, NFL Wide Receiver and Founder of Cellar & Loft
10. “Sometimes you have to get rid of something that’s good, and tinker with something that’s better.”
John Schnatter, CEO of Papa Johns
12. “They don’t teach you this at Harvard Business School, but it’s all about people. Everything happens by, with or through people. Nothing just happens on its own. Small businesses know this because we actually have to get things done.”
James Koch, Co-Founder and Chairman of Sam Adams
Looking for more inspiration? Check out these 10 legendary quotes from famous entrepreneurs.
Photo by Twitter
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.