Most Popular Reads
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Below]
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- Ecommerce Trends: 147 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
Today, we are excited to announce our partnership with eBay, one of the world’s leading marketplaces with more than 162 million buyers worldwide. This partnership is aimed at building a scalable solution for efficient managing of inventory and orders on the marketplace directly within BigCommerce.
By using the latest API feature sets, both platforms can continually connect and sync so that merchants can manage their listings and overall business in real-time. The integration will allow BigCommerce sellers to seamlessly upload their existing inventory from BigCommerce to eBay, making it easy for sellers to manage inventory across both channels in one simple tool.
Inventory information such as product title and description, item specifics, price and quantity will be synced immediately from BigCommerce to eBay, and orders will be imported to the BigCommerce platform so sellers can fulfill orders from both channels from one central location. Messages from buyers on eBay will also be visible within BigCommerce so retailers won’t miss any important communications.
BigCommerce and eBay, like the thousands of mid-market retailers that utilize their platforms, recognize that in the modern retail sector, customers’ interactions with a brand aren’t confined by channel silos. Today’s buyers shop contextually –– purchasing when, where and on whatever device or channel is most convenient at that specific point in time.
This new buyer journey –– one that is less predictable and unique not only to each individual, but to each purchase –– is by far the lead driver of the need for a multichannel strategy. Retailers large and small are feeling this crunch. The most successful brands of our generation are those that understand that buyer conversion requires being present wherever and whenever a customer wants to purchase.
BigCommerce is dedicated to better enabling all retailers to sell more and ultimately scale their operations. We firmly believe that an essential route to this success is optimizing the marketplace selling process for independent retailers.
“It’s never been more important for business owners to manage and sell across multiple channels, and this partnership allows our customers to take advantage of a thriving marketplace that will bring them new customers and turn that discovery into revenue,” said Brent Bellm, CEO of BigCommerce. “Multiple channels can introduce business complexity, but this integration will bring our customers a more efficient way to grow their business across multiple channels, and save them time previously spent managing multiple platforms.”
eBay by the Numbers
In the U.S. alone, eBay buyers are shopping for goods from all retail sectors. Here’s a quick breakdown of the high conversion activity occurring on this marketplace.
Photo: eBay Fact Sheet
eBay isn’t solely a U.S. marketplace though. Nearly 60% of buyers on this platform are international, and eBay offers easy and scalable solutions for brands looking to expand globally. All in all, here is what you need to know about eBay’s platform and actively shopping audience:
- eBay has 162 million active buyers
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by eBay Money Back Guarantee
- 80% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- ~85% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- 800 million listings at any given time
- There are 300 million searches each day on eBay
- eBay apps have been downloaded 304 million times across the globe
BigCommerce + eBay Integration: Next Steps
Beta testing of the new eBay integration will begin in Q3 of 2016. Upon release, BigCommerce customers can expect:
- Centralized inventory management: Merchants can effortlessly sync stock levels and eBay orders with their online store, providing streamlined fulfillment and order management without the need for manually managing processes across various channels. Once integrated, merchants will be able to view their entire product catalogue and inventory.
- Rapid bulk listing and central management: Merchants can quickly create hundreds of eBay listings within a matter of minutes using customizable templates, saving hundreds of hours with automatic product mapping to eBay categories.
- Sync quantity, price and descriptions to reach more buyers: Merchants can sell their inventory in-front of a global audience by using eBay’s Global Shipping Program.
“We’re ecstatic to welcome BigCommerce merchants to our vibrant seller community, where they’ll have the ability to deliver the best choice and selection of inventory to buyers globally,” says Hal Lawton, senior vice president, eBay North America. “We’re steadfast in our efforts to provide merchants of all sizes the tools and platform to drive their businesses and brands in a scalable, frictionless manner within today’s multichannel environment – and that is exactly what this relationship is designed to accomplish.”
Stay tuned for more information over the coming month and sign up here for notifications about the new product.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.