Most Popular Reads
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Below]
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
This guest post is written by Adeel Vanthaliwala, CEO of Incentivibe.com, a shared-giveaways site that pools businesses together so they can offer big contest prizes (e.g., a $500 gift card) by sharing a fraction of the prize cost (e.g., $19.99) with other businesses. You can integrate Incentivibe with your Bigcommerce store through our App Store.
The Golden Opportunity
The holiday season is heating up. And it’s about to get sizzling hot. Businesses are now pouring huge amounts of money into advertising and chalking up huge discounts, all in an effort to drive more sales. But in this crazy hustle and bustle, business owners are missing out on a golden opportunity to increase sales and marketing throughout the year.
The opportunity lies in converting more of your online visitors into leads (email subscribers, fans and/or followers) who you can market to for free throughout the year. Since 95% of your online visitors won’t be ready to buy on their first visit, turning even a small percentage of visitors into leads can really move the dial on your sales in the long run. Numerous studies have shown that people are more likely to buy from companies who they subscribe to via email, like on Facebook or follow on Twitter.
Giveaway contests with big prizes are a great way of converting visitors into subscribers, fans and followers. Marketing experts such as Marketing Sherpa, HubSpot, Chief Marketer and others have detailed the awesome results of running giveaway contests to increase your leads so you can drive more sales throughout the year.
I’ve outlined four ways that giveaways help you get more leads, along with specific case studies that help you understand the power of giveaway contests with big prizes. And if you are on a tight budget, then you can use Incentivibe’s service to hold giveaway contests with big prizes at a fraction of the cost.
1. Increase email subscribers
a. The Sugar Trade Association ran a $200 Visa Card giveaway promotion along with grand prizes of a laptop and tablet computer. This added 3, 000 more email addresses to their database, an increase of 368%!
b. Expedia CruiseShipCenters added more than 100,000 email subscribers to its database by holding a month-long contest for a pair of cruise ship tickets.
3. Increase followers
a. Moosejaw increased its Twitter followers by 45% during its contest where they gave away their own products to the winner.
b. Kobo increased its Twitter followers by 43.5% during its 10-day contest for 3 Kobo e-readers.
4. Increase referral traffic to get more leads
a. Grove held a month-long giveaway contest with various Apple accessories serving as the prizes. It increased its Facebook referral traffic by 114%.
b. The Martha Stewart Show held a giveaway promotion where contestants were encouraged to share the giveaway to get additional entries into the contest. This brought in an additional 1,626 contestants and an increase in Facebook fans by 20%.
Everyone gets different results from their giveaway campaign. The most important thing to do is have a single goal that you would like to accomplish by the end of a contest. I’ve listed some tips and valuable resources below to help you get the most out of your giveaway contest this holiday season. If you have any questions you can reach out to me via Twitter (@adeelv) and I’d be happy to help you.
- Align your prize to the needs of your target audience to increase the chances of getting more visitors to participate in the contest and become leads.
- Make sure you follow the rules and regulations of your country, as well as the social media platforms upon which you are running your giveaway. Some giveaway tools provide you with this information as part of their pricing bundles, while other do not. Incentivibe provides you with all the legal and administrative work required to run a contest within its pricing bundles.
- There are plenty of good tips that you can find online. Some of the best ones that I have come across are from HubSpot and Unbounce.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.