Most Popular Reads
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert [in 2017]
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
Millennials are discount-hungry. Blame it on the economy in which they launched their careers or attribute it to their digitally savvy shopping habits. Either way, a new report from Mindshare North America shows that this generation will do just about anything to buy goods at the lowest possible cost. Just look at these stats:
- 47% of millennials will purposely leave items in their shopping cart in hopes that the retailer will reach out with a promotion.
- 39% of millennials clear their online search history to get better prices from online sellers.
- 26% of millennials have purposely entered a fake birth date to receive a discount.
- 70% of millennials search for promo codes online before purchasing.
Wiser — Free Trial + $799/moWisePricer from Wiser allows you to stay one step ahead of your competition by scanning the web for the price point at which all the other guys are selling the same product. Using the WisePricer dashboard, you can view and modify prices instantly. The platform also allows you to set custom pricing rules so that you never go below a set margin, but that you are offering the most competitive price — automatically.
DataFeedWatch — Free Trial + $29/moDFW is for you. The app makes it incredibly easy to create shopping feeds for comparison engines, and comes with a dashboard that tracks ROI. If a product isn’t performing in paid search, quickly take it out of the campaign and recycle those dollars into the higher performing ones. Nothing beats restoring profit by leveraging data.
SmartFeed — $69.95/moSmartFeed makes it easy to sync inventory data among different vendors to keep your shopping feeds up-to-date. Just like DataFeedWatch, you’ll be saving money by focusing your ad spend on performing products and taking out-of-stock items out of public view.
Discount Manager — Free Trial + $12.95-$18.95/moDiscount Manager, you can schedule sales and promotions without having to be in front of your computer to turn them on or off.
PayPal Powered by Braintree — FreeThis one-click install is insanely easy for Bigcommerce merchants and allows you to optimize your checkout for mobile, among other things. Braintree is the Paypal-owned company which powers the checkout process for Uber — which if you’ve yet to try, you really should, even if only for research purposes. Plus, by integrating Paypal Powered by Braintree, you allow your customers to checkout across Bigcommerce’s tens of thousands of online stores without having to re-enter any of their information. This entire process streamlines online and mobile shopping for consumers, decreasing the chances that they will abandon their cart at the last minute.[Tweet "With 68% of carts abandoned, ensure your checkout process is seamless and transparent."]What does any of this have to do with competitive pricing? Fair question — and when looked at directly, not much. But, with an abandoned cart rate average of 68% for online merchants, with 28% due to surprise costs and another 22% due to tedious checkout experiences, ensuring that your checkout process is seamless and transparent is the final step to ensuring you close the deal.Know of any other apps or integrations out there helping you to win on the competitive pricing front and fully convert new customers? If so, let me know in the comments below!
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.