Blogging has become an absolute marketing must-do to drive traffic, improve your SEO and credibility and, ultimately, increase your sales. In fact, we’ve found that Bigcommerce clients who blog bring in up to double the revenue of those who don’t. Blogging is officially a Major Deal.
That’s why I’m very happy to announce that blogging for your Bigcommerce store just got super easy thanks to our new built-in blog. It’s streamlined and easy to use while giving you all the tools to create and publish great content and boost your traffic and sales.
Easy writing and editing
We’ve built a new rich text editor that has the word processing features you need to write beautiful posts, including text formatting, HTML markup, and image and video embedding with drag-and-drop support. If you’ve ever used WordPress, Tumblr or even Microsoft Word, you’ll feel right at home.
Built-in social sharing
We’ve made it dead simple to let your readers share your awesome posts with the world. There’s no need to mess with widgets: we’ve included the most popular social services like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.
A seamless experience for your shoppers
Your blog is styled just like your site so it fits right in. And you don’t have to deal with managing multiple domains and login details for your store and blog; you’ll handle everything right from your Bigcommerce control panel.
Write now, publish later
Have to run before finishing your latest post? We’ve included full support for drafts so you can keep it on ice until it’s perfect. And all drafts have a preview URL that gives coworkers, friends or anyone else you want a sneak peek.
All the usual suspects
We’ve baked in other must-have blogging features that you need to be successful, including:
- SEO metadata and optimized URLs
- Comments by Disqus
- Support for multiple authors
- Tags for organization by topic
- A mobile-optimized version if you’re using one of our mobile themes
Ready to start using the new blogging feature to produce killer content that’ll keep people coming back for more? If you’re new to Bigcommerce, log in to your Bigcommerce control panel and go to Web Content > Blog and start writing. Existing clients: Log in and you’ll see a blue banner at the top inviting you to check out blogging.
And keep an eye on our own blog over the next few weeks for some best practices and other tips on how to blog like a pro. Happy blogging!
Most Popular Reads
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Included]
- The 19 Ecommerce Trends + 147 Online Shopping Stats Fueling Sales Growth in 2018
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert [in 2018]
- 29 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2018 [Downloadable Key Metrics Included]
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below + Updated in 2018]
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.