Most Popular Reads
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
Inspired by Swiss mid-century design, this theme is all about clean white space, bold and highly legible fonts, and high-contrast colours. It all combines to create a design that’s intended not to detract from the focus of your store — selling products.
Why München? Well, I’m glad you asked. Two reasons:
1. Münchenstein, a small town tucked away in the Swiss Alps, is the birthplace of one of the most universally applied and aesthetically pleasing fonts designed in modern times — Helvetica. It’s so awesome that it’s been rated number one on FontShop Germany’s list, “Best Fonts of All Time” and there’s even a documentary about it (aptly named “Helvetica”). Every font in the theme — including the logo, headings and body copy — is Helvetica Neue, a later reworking that improved legibility and made it translate especially well to digital media. We abbreviated the name Münchenstein to be a little easier on the eye.
2. Umlauts are über cool.
Big shoutout to Das Monk for providing the product images used in this post!
For a more in-depth look, check out the München demo.
- Five-column grid allows for more products
- The left-hand category listing on product list pages is better for stores with a lot of categories
- Simple yet elegant use of typography
- Great starting point for customisation
- Includes an all new set of social media icons that were designed specifically for this theme
- All kinds of businesses
How to get it
To use München for your store, just log in to your control panel, navigate to Design and click “Apply this template.” If you haven’t upgraded to our latest version yet, you’ll need to do so to use any of the new themes.
All you have to do is:
1. Log in to your Bigcommerce control panel.
2. Click the “Try it now” link on the blue bar at the bottom of the screen.
3. From now on, you’ll be using the new control panel and have access to the new themes.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.