Most Popular Reads
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert [in 2017]
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below + Updated in 2017]
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
In today’s omni-channel world, you can’t simply wait for customers to come to you; instead, you need to go where they are. A successful retail marketing strategy requires creative methods to showcase your products throughout the buyer journey. So where do your customers spend time? Like everyone else, they are involved in social media and spend time searching for information and products they’re passionate about.
When you think about eBay, Facebook, and Pinterest, the first phrase that comes to mind may not be “search engine.”
But this is rapidly changing.
Every customer touchpoint with a search functionality effectively acts as a search engine where users can compare products. And just like that, many popular online portals can instantly be seen as comparison shopping engines. Whether platforms are intended for commerce or not, online retail is expanding to every crevice and corner of the internet.
While the ecommerce landscape offers a variety of well-known advertising and marketplace options like Amazon, Etsy and Google Shopping, there are also new and influential channels like Polyvore and Houzz that can help you find niche shoppers before they make purchases with the bigger brands. In all, there are countless shopping search engines a retailer can utilize to increase their brand awareness and customer count. Better yet, each of these outlets have one thing in common: their cost-effective ability to boost sales.
To help you decide where to list your products, GoDataFeed compiled a list of the top 20 comparison shopping engines for online retailers –– with data that supports why each of these platforms has a unique value proposition. Some insights from their research include:
- Amazon product ads yield the lowest click costs with CPC rates as low as $0.10
- Polyvore drives 20% of all social commerce , outperforming Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Wanelo reaches 50% of college-age women in the U.S. , making it perfect for fashion retailers looking to engage the young adult market
- Wish users add 10 million products to their wishlists everyday –– and recommend 250,000 products to their network daily
Read the full infographic below to access insights and data from the top product distribution outlets and shopping search engines in the world.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.