Most Popular Reads
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
As of this week, our clients have made more than $1.2 billion dollars in transactions through their online stores. That’s a big milestone for all of us, and proves the massive earning power of small and medium businesses — especially when they’re given the right tools. We launched in August 2009 with the goal of helping SMBs sell more online. Since then, we’ve powered nearly 30,000 stores to more than 11.4 million transactions of an astounding array of products and services.
This means a lot to us. Not just because we love big numbers (although we do), but because it’s a testament to the skills, drive and resourcefulness of our customers. The graph below really helps put it in perspective: comparing the first three years of each business, Bigcommerce clients sold 26% more than Amazon and 3% more than eBay. Basically, small businesses rock!
It also proves to the world what we knew all along: that it doesn’t take a massive investment or degrees in design, development and marketing to create a successful online business. You can create a business in just a few hours with a couple hundred dollars.
So here’s a big thank you and congratulations to all our clients for getting to $1 billion in sales. Rest assured that we’re hard at work on improvements and innovations to help you sell even more. Hopefully we’ll all be celebrating $2 billion in sales together in the not-too-distant future.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.