Most Popular Reads
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below]
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
Shipwire is a great platform which provides outsourced order fulfillment and inventory warehousing options for companies that would rather not invest in their own warehouse and logistics systems – which can be expensive and complex to setup.
We’ve talked to the folks at Shipwire numerous times over the last few months and an integration has always been on the cards, but earlier this week I received an email from Bill Dalessandro, founder of Shipiro.
Introducing the Free Shipwire Connector, Shipiro
Shipiro is a free web connector that connects your BigCommerce e-commerce solution with your Shipwire account. As you receive new orders in your BigCommerce store they’re passed to Shipwire automagically. Once Shipwire receives the order they pick, pack and ship the products to your customer. Your Shipwire account preferences can also be setup so that Shipwire sends a tracking number to your customer.
Here’s what we love about Shipiro:
- It reaches out to the BigCommerce API and looks for new orders multiple times per day
- It intelligently screens for physical item orders only
- It pulls order tracking numbers from Shipwire back to Shipiro
- It converts those orders to a .CSV file with the order ID and tracking numbers
- These can then be imported back into your BigCommerce store
If you’d rather not hold your own inventory or ship your own orders then Shipwire and Shipiro are definitely worth looking into. Shipwire makes the complex process of order fulfillment and inventory warehousing easy, and they have multiple warehouses which will take receipt of your inventory, meaning your customers get their orders shipped from the warehouse closet to them.
The Ultimate Outsourced Supply Chain
Combine BigCommerce, Shipwire and Shipiro with a drop shopping wholesaler like Doba and you’ve got a serious supply chain on which you can build a huge e-commerce business with great margins, low startup costs and even lower operating costs. Outsourcing your supply chain is definitely something to consider if you plan to scale your e-commerce empire up fast.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.