Building, designing and tweaking an ecommerce store’s design has never been simpler for anyone looking to sell online. But as online store design has gotten easier for merchants, shoppers’ standards of excellence have risen at the same time. To stand out from the competition and ensure that visitors to your site trust your business you need design that will elicit a positive response and convey the superiority of your brand.
Ecommerce design affects every aspect of your business:
- User Experience – Can they find the information and products they’re looking for to maintain interest in your brand, regardless of what device they use?
- Revenue and conversion: Does the design encourage website visitors to complete checkout and make a purchase?
- Brand Perception: Does every aspect of your ecommerce website convey the brand promise that makes your business special?
These are the questions our customers have been asking for years, and we have the answers. The articles, guides and curated examples below will show you what customers are looking for — and how you can achieve it. You’ll learn:
- How to implement responsive design so that customers have a seamless experience on your site
- The best design elements to use on your store
- How to unlock the power of your ecommerce platform to create a truly unique design
- When it may be the right time to redesign your website — and how to do it without disrupting sales
- Why customizing your website is worth the extra effort — and how to do it in practically no time at all
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- Award Winners: 10 Most Profitable Ecommerce Innovations of 2016 – And Exactly How They Did It
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- 17 BigCommerce Stores Strut Their Stuff
- Ghost Mannequin Photography: A Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering the 3D Effect [Updated in 2017]
The Complete Ecommerce Product Photography Guide to Starting Up, Selling More and Reinforcing Your Brand
How important are product images to ecommerce? Hmm… let’s ask the VP of Google Shopping: When you’re shopping online, product…Read More
Never miss a post
We’re here to help you grow your business and succeed selling online. Are you with us? Join over 100,000 ecommerce experts to receive weekly ecommerce tips, strategies, and news – all without ever having to leave your inbox.
In 2016, more than 500 online brands submitted their storefronts for the inaugural Design Awards competition. In March, we brought…Read More
BigCommerce’s New Themes and Theme Editing Capabilities are Proven to Significantly Increase Revenue (Fast)
In 2016, BigCommerce stacked hands on a bold mission: to empower retailers, developers and partners to build world class sites…Read More
The Best Ecommerce Platform for Growing Sales
BigCommerce customers close 34% more online sales than stores on other platforms, and save up to $100,000 on maintenance and application costs. You don’t have the time or money to stay put.Start your free trial
This past summer, Exxel Outdoors, the parent company to multiple outdoor brands including Kelty and Sierra Designs, overhauled all seven…Read More
It’s not just you. Traffic is getting more expensive. Since Google’s SERP update to remove right-hand rail ads, CPC to…Read More