Most Popular Reads
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
Social media marketing has undergone several big changes in 2014. While Facebook is starting to limit organic reach for brand pages, Twitter has embraced e-commerce and SMBs. If you don’t have a dedicated Twitter strategy, now is the time to start.
Bigcommerce teamed up with Twitter to surface data-driven best practices that will help you earn your social wings. Earlier this year, Twitter and DB5 Research conducted a survey of 1,000 consumers who live in the US, use the network monthly and follow a SMB. We tapped into trends and data from the BC 100, a sampling of successful Bigcommerce stores who have over 1,000 Twitter followers. The results provide unique insights into how e-commerce merchants can attract and convert loyal shoppers.
Here are a couple key takeaways from our analysis:
- Of those surveyed, 60% of respondents said they had purchased from an SMB because of Twitter
- 73% off all respondents feel better about an SMB after following and reading their Tweets
- 90% of followers who got a reply from an SMB had positive brand sentiment
- 39% follow their favorite SMBs so they can show their support
- Jewelry and accessories retailers get 53 times the average value per follower than retailers from other categories
There are also a few case studies that showcase successful strategies executed by Bigcommerce clients. Check out the infographic, below, for more data and insights.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.