Most Popular Reads
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below + Updated in 2017]
Social media marketing has undergone several big changes in 2014. While Facebook is starting to limit organic reach for brand pages, Twitter has embraced e-commerce and SMBs. If you don’t have a dedicated Twitter strategy, now is the time to start.
Bigcommerce teamed up with Twitter to surface data-driven best practices that will help you earn your social wings. Earlier this year, Twitter and DB5 Research conducted a survey of 1,000 consumers who live in the US, use the network monthly and follow a SMB. We tapped into trends and data from the BC 100, a sampling of successful Bigcommerce stores who have over 1,000 Twitter followers. The results provide unique insights into how e-commerce merchants can attract and convert loyal shoppers.
Here are a couple key takeaways from our analysis:
- Of those surveyed, 60% of respondents said they had purchased from an SMB because of Twitter
- 73% off all respondents feel better about an SMB after following and reading their Tweets
- 90% of followers who got a reply from an SMB had positive brand sentiment
- 39% follow their favorite SMBs so they can show their support
- Jewelry and accessories retailers get 53 times the average value per follower than retailers from other categories
There are also a few case studies that showcase successful strategies executed by Bigcommerce clients. Check out the infographic, below, for more data and insights.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.