To celebrate Small Business Week 2014, BoostSuite surveyed over 16,000 SMBs. We asked them about their blogging, social media and email marketing efforts. The results showed that small businesses have made significant progress when it comes to content, but they still have a long way to go.
We saw several key trends, including:
- Small biz has caught on to content. In 2014, 89% of SMBs are publishing weekly.
- But they are inefficient creators. 81% of SMBs create separate content for web, social and their email newsletter. More than 50% spend over two hours creating each piece of content.
- And they aren’t leveraging analytics. Despite investing so much time and effort into content creation, a mere 14% are using data to drive their content marketing.
Check out the infographic below for our analysis of SMB content marketing in 2014.
Most Popular Reads
- The 19 Ecommerce Trends + 147 Online Shopping Stats Fueling Sales Growth in 2018
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.