Most Popular Reads
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Consumers Shop in 2017
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below]
More than one billion people sign on to Facebook every month, and today, BigCommerce is making it easier for merchants to more effectively reach people and sell more online.
BigCommerce is launching:
- Facebook Pixel Installation: Easier Facebook pixel installation that does not require developer work on behalf of retailers. Marketers can now set up ads campaigns and go –– knowing their metrics are in place to report on performance.
- Checkout on Shop section on Pages: BigCommerce has expanded our support for the Facebook Shop section on Pages. Merchants can now let customers checkout directly on Facebook rather than redirecting back to a webstore. All Facebook orders are automatically synced with your online store, providing a single source of truth for inventory and orders across all your sales channels.
“Social connections and online shopping are two of the most fundamental use cases for the internet. However, retailers historically have struggled to leverage the two in a way that makes sense for their customers,” said Jimmy Duvall, chief product officer for BigCommerce. “Through our work with Facebook, we’re helping our merchants both increase sales from Facebook advertising and reduce the time required to launch and optimize targeted campaigns.”
The Importance of the Facebook Pixel
Facebook remains one of the highest traffic and revenue-driving channels for retailers in the U.S. –– and 20% of online shoppers report the desire to shop more on the platform.
This is good news for retailers, especially as Facebook amps up their advertising offerings. For instance, dynamic ads –– which are separate from Facebook Shop section on Pages –– allow retailers to push product to Facebook and dynamically advertise those items to relevant, targeted audiences.
Beyond advertising reach, Facebook also provides retailers with detailed conversion metrics on what a person did on the retailer’s own website, including newsletter signups, add to cart and checkout. This provides necessary information to retailers about who exactly is coming to their site from Facebook ads, and what actions those visitors are taking.
Facebook is able to provide such detailed metrics thanks to the platform’s conversion pixel.
In early 2016, Facebook condensed a variety of pixels into one, easing the process of pixel placement on a retailer’s website, something that often requires small amounts of development work.
Since then, Facebook has partnered with BigCommerce to streamline the pixel placement process, allowing merchants to install the Facebook pixel across their entire website without the need to manually enter or edit any code.
Once installed, merchants can launch and measure highly relevant, cross-device advertising campaigns using Facebook dynamic ads. Additional benefits include:
- Launching more efficient and effective campaigns: Set up campaigns once and use unique creative to promote all products without the need to create individual ads or refine target audiences.
- Optimizing campaigns: Automatically optimize campaigns toward audiences most likely to take actions you designate as most important to your business –– i.e. signing up for a newsletter or buying a product.
- Improving conversion tracking: Accurately track actions that matter most to your website, including sales, registrations, leads, newsletter sign-ups, products added to carts and more to understand the ROI of Facebook advertising campaigns, and double down on what’s working.
- Implementing advanced remarketing: Re-target shoppers that have visited your website, or find new customers using lookalike audiences.
Facebook’s single pixel is most important for three advertising options often utilized by retailers. These include:
- Dynamic Ads: Advertise catalog products to shoppers browsing your website or mobile app. Use this with the Facebook pixel to measure the conversion rates for your ad.
- Website Custom Audiences: Custom Audiences from your website makes it easy to reach people who visit your website and deliver the right message to them on Facebook.
- Conversion Tracking: Measure the actions users take on your website that matter the most to you and let Facebook optimize your ads for these actions.
For BigCommerce merchants, you can now easily install the Facebook pixel in your control panel for better tracking on your own website. Use Channel Manager and allow customers to directly checkout on Facebook.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.