Starting today, BigCommerce is working with Facebook to give Pages with a Facebook Shop an easier way to extend their online product inventory within Facebook.
BigCommerce merchants will now have access to this functionality and can focus on reaching a more engaged shopping audience on Facebook through Marketplace.
According to Facebook data as of May 2018, one in three Facebook users in the US are already using Facebook Marketplace, giving retailers an opportunity to drive discovery and sales of key products in a place where their consumers are already shopping.
Here’s what you need to know to take advantage of Facebook Marketplace now.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is an online market located directly within Facebook that allows users to discover, buy and sell items with people in their local community.
Ecommerce businesses using BigCommerce can now tap directly into the Marketplace community to promote and sell their products.
What are the benefits of selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Marketplace offers an easy way to help increase discovery of a brand and its products.
Additional benefits include:
- Free organic distribution for your products: Merchants can simply apply for the program and, based on eligibility, take advantage of organic distribution in Marketplace. Traffic is organic, and aligned to a customer’s preferences.
- Products matched to the right people: Consumers want a personalized buying experience, and Facebook Marketplace surfaces product recommendations to consumers based on their preferences. This helps ensure that your product is being seen by the right audience, ultimately resulting in an increased opportunity that the interaction will lead to a purchase.
- No listing fees: Unlike other marketplaces that take a percentage of each sale, Facebook Marketplace has no set listing fees. It truly is just another avenue for merchants to reach potential customers.
How to Start Selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Currently, access to Facebook Marketplace by BigCommerce merchants is limited to those selling in the following categories:
- Apparel (Men & Women)
- Baby & Kids
- Bags & Luggage
- Beauty (Women)
- Home Furnishing.
Selling on Marketplace requires that you’ve already connected your BigCommerce store to Facebook Shop.
If not, you’ll need to set that up before moving forward.
- Navigate to the Channel Manager in your BigCommerce account and select Facebook.
- If you haven’t already, set up a Facebook Shop.
- If you haven’t already, enable Facebook Payments.
- Click the “interested” button, located right next to “New! Sell on Facebook Marketplace” within the BigCommerce dashboard
And that’s it!
I’m interested! What next?
For merchants interested in selling on Facebook Marketplace, join our waitlist.
Please note: As this is an early-stage program, we cannot provide any expectations on how long it will take to review applications. To be accepted, your brand must:
- Be a direct brands & authorized retailers
- Accept returns within 30 days
- Ship within 3 days, item arrives within 7 days
Want more insights like this?
We’re on a mission to provide businesses like yours marketing and sales tips, tricks and industry leading knowledge to build the next house-hold name brand. Don’t miss a post. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Most Popular Reads
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below + Updated in 2018]
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- Google’s Doubling Down on Ads. Here’s How to Optimize Your Google Shopping Ads Now.
- 29 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2018 [Downloadable Key Metrics Included]
- The 19 Ecommerce Trends + 147 Online Shopping Stats Fueling Sales Growth in 2018
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.