Chapter 15 Restaurantware: B2B & B2C in a single dashboard
Why they won
Restaurantware was a finalist for the Innovation Awards.
For using design to solve for B2B and B2C needs with a single source of data truth.
- Who submitted (and is quoted below): Richard Rinella, CEO
- Year founded: 2007
- Headquartered: Chicago, Illinois
- Ecommerce vertical: B2B
- Agency used: arizon.digital
Business outcomes of the innovation
- +35.17% increase in revenue
- +186.39% increase in traffic
- +25.74% increase in conversion rate
- +33.56% increase in orders
What they do
Restaurantware.com started out 7 years ago and is the leading manufacturer and online distributor of wholesale restaurant supplies.
They are a fast growing enterprise with a global online business and have multiple online ecommerce sites and supporting systems.
The challenge behind the innovation
With the brand’s fast pace of growth, the team needed to constantly streamline their business process and improve the online ordering experience of their customers, while advancing their search ranking and inbound marketing actions.
In addition, other factors were causing concern:
- They specifically wanted to support their B2B customers and improve the bulk ordering process.
- The existing navigation was unidimensional and they wanted to improve the navigation by having multiple product category hierarchies to cater to the different types of customers visiting their online store.
- The existing user interface was static and they were struggling to update the site dynamically.
- Page load times and overall site performance was also a concern with the existing site.
- They were spending too much time updating multiple systems with the same information, product images were not consistent across sites, and the integration with their enterprise system needed to be updated.
Restaurantware.com management decided it was time to upgrade their existing ecommerce solution and the integration with their enterprise application.
How they make it work
With the evolution of an innovative Stencil-based theme and development frameworks from BigCommerce, the team decided to make the switch and leverage the Stencil Framework to solve the challenges they were facing with innovative UI design and development.
Choosing Arizon Digital as their design and solution development partner, they:
- Redesigned their website, including the product category hierarchy and navigation
- Introduced an innovative bulk ordering process
- Implemented a customized central product data management solution to help manage the product and category data centrally.
Restaurantware.com evaluated multiple ecommerce platform options before deciding to stick with BigCommerce and leverage the Stencil Framework to design and develop an innovative and creative user interface.
The team realized the importance of spending time in designing the solution to solve the specific challenges that were identified. They worked closely with the arizon.digital team to define the requirements and establish a migration plan.
The arizon.digital team had deep expertise in the Stencil framework, and with the guidance from Restaurantware.com team, they were able to deliver innovative solutions which helped solve the challenges.
Now, the user engagement is much better and Restaurantware.com is seeing great improvement in page load times, higher volume usage of the bulk ordering solution, and increased traffic to some of their newer categories and sub-categories.
The central product data and category management solution developed by arizon.digital has made the image synchronization process, category creation and assignment, and product data maintenance process quite efficient, and improved the productivity of the key Restaurantware.com employees.
The upgraded site is quite beautiful. Beyond that, it is engaging, using features both built-in by BigCommerce and built-out by arizon.digital to create a dynamic site experience rich with content.
The menu design and category navigation allow different types of users to find the products easily and increase the traffic to some of the newer categories and sub-categories that are being launched by Restaurantware.
In addition, the bulk ordering screen is intuitive and allows for fast ordering by larger B2B customers of Restaurantware.com.
Allowing our proprietary database to control all aspects of the BigCommerce site has provided us with a single source of truth for our data.
This provides exponential efficiencies. With all of this in place, we can continue to scale our business at an accelerated pace.
Want more insights like this?
We’re on a mission to provide businesses like yours marketing and sales tips, tricks and industry leading knowledge to build the next house-hold name brand. Don’t miss a post. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Most Popular Reads
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2018
- The History of Ecommerce: What The Past Says About Tomorrow’s Retail Challenges
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales [Samples Below + Updated in 2018]
Table of Contents
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.