Chapter 18 Silver Jewelry Club: The newest flash sale site on the block
Why they won
Silver Jewelry Club was a finalist for the Innovation Awards.
For launching a custom flash sale site on SaaS, saving thousands in development costs.
- Who submitted (and is quoted below): Amit Vora, CEO
- Year founded: 2017
- Headquartered: Los Angeles, California
- Ecommerce vertical: Apparel & Jewelry
Business outcomes of the innovation
- $1,000s saved with SaaS over custom development
What they do
Flash sale site selling a single piece of jewelry each day.
The challenge behind the innovation
We wanted to create a flash deal site. Since we only sell in a specific category, the challenge was to keep the site interesting and appealing. After much brainstorming, we came with the idea to do a time-based deal –– rather than event based.
The main challenge in doing this was how to serve one product for a set amount of time. Furthermore, we did not want the deal to show if the item was out of stock.
Another challenge was to randomize the product based on categories to keep the site interesting and to show a preview of the next product.
How they make it work
We first thought we needed to customize the entire site and would have to spend thousands of dollars, but after research we found BigCommerce partner Source Web Solutions in Texas.
Through their experience and knowledge, we were able to develop the entire site on BigCommerce, saving us thousands of dollars and giving us a reliable platform.
We started less than a month ago and we are already seeing sales, and more importantly, repeat customers.
Want more insights like this?
We’re on a mission to provide businesses like yours marketing and sales tips, tricks and industry leading knowledge to build the next house-hold name brand. Don’t miss a post. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Most Popular Reads
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Achieving PCI Compliance [Checklist Included]
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- Google’s Doubling Down on Ads. Here’s How to Optimize Your Google Shopping Ads Now.