Bigcommerce Enterprise Delivers Advanced Shipping Engine and Sophisticated Fraud Protections to Merchants
Enterprise-grade tools from ShipperHQ and Sift Science help retailers reduce costs and risk
AUSTIN, Texas — October 6, 2015 — Bigcommerce, the commerce platform of choice for established and emerging businesses, today announced major features designed to improve operational efficiencies and lower costs for retailers in advance of the 2015 holiday selling season. As part of the release, the company unveiled new integrations with ShipperHQ, the industry’s most powerful shipping rate management solution, and Sift Science, a leading fraud detection and prevention tool.
Since its launch in May 2015, hundreds of businesses have adopted Bigcommerce Enterprise for its advanced features, superior performance and extensible architecture. Recent mid-market customers include Berkey Water, Dorco, Dunning Sportswear, Martha Stewart Cafe, MetroPCS, Native Union, O’Boticario and Rock Bottom Golf. According to analysis conducted by market research firm Ipsos, same store sales for mid-market merchants on the Bigcommerce platform grew about twice as much as the ecommerce industry average.
Advanced Shipping Rate Management Increases Merchant Sales and Margins
Built in partnership with WebShopApps, the industry’s leading provider of shipping extensions, the Bigcommerce-ShipperHQ integration enables merchants to manage and configure shipping rates and rules for multiple carriers through a single interface. Additionally, through ShipperHQ merchants can deliver accurate, real-time shipping quotes for a wide range of product types and fulfillment scenarios, drastically reducing the number of abandoned carts caused by unexpected shipping costs.
Through the integration, Bigcommerce clients gain access to a wide range of sophisticated shipping tools and capabilities, including:
- Fully customizable rate management: Define preferred carriers and shipping methods with fully-customizable rates, discounts and rate structures at a country, state or postcode level. Offer shipping rates and methods based on product, category, cart quantity, customer groups, value, weight, dimensions and more.
- Multiple carrier support: Easily use one or multiple carriers within a single interface, including UPS, FedEx, USPS and other major carriers. Use base rates for each carrier or add your existing carrier accounts to automatically apply negotiated rates.
- Enterprise-grade logistics: Get sophisticated rating tools like LTL freight, dimensional shipping, multi-origin fulfillment, dropshipping, accurate delivery date estimates and time in transit restrictions.
- Centralized shipping analytics and tracking: Manage shipping activity across all carriers, accessing key order information like time in transit, delivery estimates, average weight of products in customer carts and more.
Sophisticated Fraud Detection Saves Time and Money
The threat of online fraud is a growing burden to retailers. According to a 2015 research study1, 55 percent of first-quarter commerce-related fraud costs came from online transactions. In an effort to stem the flood of fraud, merchants are forced to waste valuable hours and resources manually reviewing suspicious transactions, and still 25 percent of orders that are reviewed end up being legitimate purchases.
With Sift Science —a leading machine learning-based fraud detection and prevention platform used by top brands including Airbnb, JackThreads, Kickstarter, Twitter and Wayfair— Bigcommerce merchants will be able to:
- Avoid chargebacks and smooth the way for good customers: Know who to block and who to approve before you process their order. Accurate fraud predictions mean fewer good orders wrongly turned away.
- Improve efficiency and manage orders with confidence: Preemptively identify and reject fraudulent orders before they’re fulfilled, reducing the need for time-intensive manual reviews.
- Reduce risk with real-time fraud protection: Decrease your risk profile and lower fraud rates using custom machine learning technology designed to catch evolving fraud patterns and techniques as they happen.
- Monitor and triage suspicious order activity: Investigate only those orders with the greatest likelihood of fraud, based on Sift Science’s unique scoring system which rates suspicious activity using more than 5,000 fraud signals.
“Bigcommerce has now seamlessly integrated with the web’s leading solutions for advanced shipping rate management and fraud prevention,” said Brent Bellm, Bigcommerce CEO. “These advanced tools enable our fast-growing merchants to manage complexity, reduce cost and scale their operations efficiently.”
The ShipperHQ and Sift Science integrations are available to select merchants in limited beta with general availability planned for later this year. For more information about Bigcommerce Enterprise, visit: www.bigcommerce.com/enterprise.
1 LexisNexis. “True Cost of Fraud Study.” September 2015.