Bigcommerce and Square’s New Inventory Sync Feature: Reduce Manual Tasks and Errors When You Sell Online and Offline
Most Popular Reads
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Below]
- Omni-Channel Retail in 2017: What Brands Need to Know and Modern Consumer Shopping Habits
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
In February of 2015, we announced an integration with Square, giving omnichannel merchants selling both online and offline the power to process and track payments through a single interface –– thereby reducing accounting inefficiencies across channels. Since then, the number one request from sellers using this integration has been real-time inventory syncing across physical and digital channels to reduce the risk of overselling.
Today, we’re excited to announce dual inventory syncing across your Bigcommerce store and your Square POS. This new integration makes maintaining and scaling your omnichannel business even easier. In fact, Bigcommerce is the only full-featured ecommerce platform that offers you full inventory synchronization with Square.
Here’s what you can now do:
- Automatically import your product catalog to your online store or Square point of sale
- Sync inventory and avoid overselling when orders are placed
- Adjust stock levels and have those changes reflected in your online store and POS
- Reduce complexity and get rid of spreadsheet tracking
“The integration is definitely helpful with resource management,” said Josie Lee, owner of Rire Boutique. “I don’t have to worry about overstocking as I grow my online site. With Bigcommerce’s analytics, I can see what items are being viewed a lot. I can also compare Bigcommerce and Square’s data to see what items are selling more through the website or through my physical location.”
If you’re not using Bigcommerce, it’s simple to set up. Bigcommerce’s intuitive interface is easy to learn and comes packed with powerful functionality that helps to reduce business complexity and sell more. Here are some benefits to selling online with Bigcommerce:
- Launch a beautiful, mobile-ready site your customers will love without needing any coding skills
- Process online payments through Square and view online and offline sales together
- Make sales even after retail business hours and drive new traffic to your retail locations
- Avoid overselling by syncing online inventory with your Square POS
- Control your branding with visually appealing and mobile-ready storefront themes
- Drive awareness and sales with powerful SEO, social commerce and multichannel marketing features
- Learn from advanced analytics how to increase customer loyalty and product sales
- Integrate with sophisticated customer relationship management and email marketing systems
- Find trustworthy design, marketing and programming experts in the Bigcommerce Partner Network
- Learn to run an online business via educational videos, guides and 24/7 support
“The integration provides the biggest benefit to us as a bridge between our online and in-store inventories. We had struggled in the past to keep track of items that were available in both spheres, and occasionally had mishaps trying to maintain accurate counts. Now, it’s not an issue,” said Jessica Knopp, co-founder of Son of a Sailor. “We have a bi-annual sale where we put all of our discontinued items and samples on sale, and this integration will allow us to offer that sale online and in our storefront simultaneously. Our in-town and out-of-town customers can now shop at the same time. In all, this integration has given us an opportunity for increased revenue across the board and saved us $3-4,000 in labor.”
Bigcommerce and Square take the pain out of simultaneously running an online and offline store. Retailers can now sync their inventory and product catalogs to save time, eliminate manual tasks and avoid overselling.
Enable dual inventory syncing between your Square POS and Bigcommerce here.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.