Most Popular Reads
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert [in 2017]
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
If you don’t offer free shipping from your online store then you’re missing out on a substantial amount of revenue. While you might initially think that offering free shipping will erode most or even all of the profit in the order, I can tell you that it wont — if you use a simple strategy.
Using free shipping as a motivator for customers to buy from you can help increase your average order value by up to 30% in just a few short months. You simply need to work out your average order value and average shipping cost, and then offer free shipping on your average order value + 10%, or whichever amount covers your average shipping cost and provides enough of a profit to slightly increase your average order value.
If you repeat this process every 3-4 weeks, your average order value will increase by 30% or more in just a few months. The basic idea here is that a certain percentage of your customers will be willing to spend more with you on each transaction in order to “trigger” the free shipping option you setup. This creates a win-win situation: your customers get free shipping and you increase your average order value resulting in a better bottom line for your business.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.