If you don’t offer free shipping from your online store then you’re missing out on a substantial amount of revenue. While you might initially think that offering free shipping will erode most or even all of the profit in the order, I can tell you that it wont — if you use a simple strategy.
Using free shipping as a motivator for customers to buy from you can help increase your average order value by up to 30% in just a few short months. You simply need to work out your average order value and average shipping cost, and then offer free shipping on your average order value + 10%, or whichever amount covers your average shipping cost and provides enough of a profit to slightly increase your average order value.
If you repeat this process every 3-4 weeks, your average order value will increase by 30% or more in just a few months. The basic idea here is that a certain percentage of your customers will be willing to spend more with you on each transaction in order to “trigger” the free shipping option you setup. This creates a win-win situation: your customers get free shipping and you increase your average order value resulting in a better bottom line for your business.
Most Popular Reads
- The History of Ecommerce: What The Past Says About Tomorrow’s Retail Challenges
- The 19 Ecommerce Trends + 147 Online Shopping Stats Fueling Sales Growth in 2018
- Google’s Doubling Down on Ads. Here’s How to Optimize Your Google Shopping Ads Now.
- The Results Are In: The 22 Best Ecommerce Website Designs of 2018
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.