Building a Diverse and Healthy Ecosystem
Without concern for server capacity, continuity of service or having to risk major technology investment, Silent Pool Distillers has been able to manage the significant growth in online traffic and sales that came from the COVID lockdowns.
The flexibility and openness of BigCommerce enabled Silent Pool Distillers to develop its online store using multiple apps and integrations to create a connected and interactive ecosystem. These apps and integrations include, but are not limited to:
- Channel Grabber for order processing and shipping integration
- Google Shopping to drive more shoppers to its BigCommerce store by seamlessly connecting to Google, Bing, Facebook and Instagram
- Zakeke to allow customers to customize the products they purchase
- Vend for point of sale (POS) processing to sell, track and manage inventory
- Bevica an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for beverage management
A New Channel of Income Feeds into Silent Pool Distillers
New challenges can bring new opportunities if you’re proactive and seize them. With the lockdown causing pubs and restaurants to close, Silent Pool Distillers ramped up its efforts to generate income by selling direct to customer (DTC) on BigCommerce.
“Selling directly to customers is a profitable channel because there’s no middleman,” said Macaskill. “For 2020, we increased online sales 5-fold (YoY).”
“Selling directly to customers is a profitable channel because there’s no middleman. For 2020, we increased online sales 5-fold (YoY).”
Head of Brand and Marketing at Silent Pool Distillers