Most Popular Reads
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Below]
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
Today is a big day for us as a company. We’ve just brought on the fifth member of our management team, who will be taking charge of our of product development strategy. His name is Chris Iona and he comes from Internode, one of the biggest (and in my opinion, best – I use them) ISPs in Australia. Chris started with Internode when they were just 80 people and grew through various frontline and leadership roles with the company until they reached an impressive 500 staff in just a few short years.
Chris has made the move from Adelaide to Sydney to join our team and one of his main missions will be to get us from being 70% agile (SCRUM) to 100% in the way our team approaches software development. This means better team communication, tighter control over sprints and deadlines, (even) more feedback to clients and a whole bunch of other stuff that probably makes no sense if you’re not a software developer :)
As Chris ramps up over the next few weeks I will be stepping away from the technical side of product management, focusing more on our overall company and product strategies as well as continuing to build out our world-class management team with Eddie. I’ve always been a strong believer in the saying “hire people who are smarter than you to run your company” and that’s what we’ll continue to do moving forward.
Chris will be making a strong contribution to our community as soon as he’s ready, so look out for him.
Welcome aboard Chris!
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.