BigCommerce and Elite Partner Digital River Give Merchants the Ability to Unlock Global Sales
New all-in-one Merchant of Record integration encompasses compliance and risk protection and an embedded global tax management solution to simplify cross-border selling, accelerate global expansion and drive revenue
AUSTIN, TX — February 23, 2022 — BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC), a leading Open SaaS ecommerce platform for fast-growing and established B2C and B2B brands, today announced a direct integration with Digital River, an experienced global commerce enabler, to provide mid-market to enterprise BigCommerce merchants with an all-in-one global commerce solution that fully manages payments, tax, fraud and compliance to simplify cross-border selling and accelerate global expansion.
“Delivering localized checkout experiences and reconciling international sales can be daunting and burdensome. To remove these complexities, we’ve teamed with BigCommerce to manage the financial and legal responsibilities of cross-border selling on behalf of BigCommerce merchants to help them simplify operations and accelerate global expansion at less cost,” said Adam Coyle, CEO at Digital River. “Together we’re doing the heavy lifting so merchants can focus on what’s most important—global growth."
With a single integration, merchants can integrate Digital River’s Merchant of Record business model to mitigate risks and maximize conversions by delivering localized checkout experiences for both onshore and cross-border sales directly from within their BigCommerce store. As a result, merchants can easily deploy entry into new markets in as little as six weeks and simplify cross-border selling processes that can decrease operational costs by up to 30 percent.
"Cross-border ecommerce continues to grow rapidly, and this partnership comes at a time when many merchants are prioritizing expansion to reach international customers,” said Brent Bellm, CEO at BigCommerce. “Our partnership with Digital River provides the global commerce solutions needed to go to market faster, at a lower cost and without the risk and complexities typically associated with cross-border commerce.”
Key benefits include:
● Global payment localization. Merchants can leverage a number of leading payment providers with local entities to maximize authorizations and give shoppers access to their preferred currencies and payment methods such as local cards, buy-now-pay-later and wallets.
● Minimize financial complexity. Merchants are able to minimize financial risks by managing compliance, fraud mitigation, currency conversion, chargebacks, and global reconciliation all from within their BigCommerce Control Panel.
● Reduce legal risks. Merchants will mitigate risk from new regulations and ensure they adhere to local tax requirements in 240+ markets, overcoming global online selling liabilities ranging from consumer protection laws, collection of tax, duties and tariffs, payments compliance and fraud screening.
● Maximize authorizations. Merchants gain instant access to leading transaction routing technologies and an expansive acquiring network that allow for lower global processing fees and increased authorization rates by up to 15% – saving significant time and expense.
● Streamlined order management processes. Merchants can leverage logistics tools that handle end-to-end fulfillment from either Digital River’s existing partner network or from the merchant’s fulfillment partner of choice.
512 Audio, a subsidiary of Warm Audio, and creators of professional microphones and audio gear built for content creators, podcasters, broadcasters and musicians, has launched its U.S. online store on BigCommerce using Digital River’s Merchant of Record solution. The company plans to expand their direct-to-consumer store into Canada, the UK and Europe in the coming months.
“With the integrated commerce capabilities that Digital River and BigCommerce provide, we are excited to grow our customer base, providing the best possible shopping experience to talented creators around the world,” said Hillary Lyle, head of marketing at 512 Audio.
To learn more about Digital River’s integration with BigCommerce visit here.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading open software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate and grow their businesses online. BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2C and B2B companies across 150 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Molton Brown, S.C. Johnson, Skullcandy, SoloStove and Vodafone. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in London, Kyiv, San Francisco, and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.bigcommerce.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
BigCommerce® is a registered trademark of BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
About Digital River
With more than 25 years’ experience, Digital River has mastered global commerce. An industry disrupter from the start, our Global Seller Services simplify global commerce expansion, enabling companies of all sizes to grow their revenue in 249 markets worldwide. Using our flexible APIs that combine payments, tax, fraud, compliance and logistics into a single integrated solution, brands increase conversions, turning browsers into buyers across the world or around the corner. The chosen partner of thousands of brands across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Digital River is global commerce, simplified.
Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details, visit DigitalRiver.com.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.